FIGT acknowledges the importance of research. Therefore, #FIGT17NL has an exciting program lined up highlighting the members of the Research Network.During the first concurrent session, The Research Network Panel, “Current Research on TCKs and their Education” features three researchers, Anastasia Lijadi, Katia Mace, and Erin Sinogba. They will be sharing their research on TCKs and International Schools representing comparative research models and various methodologies.
This year the Research Network will have two Early Bird sessions. Thursday morning will be the annual meeting where “we look at who we are, where we have been and where we are going.” The Friday Early Bird Session is all about doing research. A panel of researchers will discuss the strengths and weaknesses of their research method and other thoughts about doing research on globally mobile families. With audience participation, they will identify needs for future studies.
Also, Research Network members are woven throughout the program:
- Anne Copeland: Keynote Presentation
- Ann Baker Cottrell, Alix Carnot, Amy Clare Tasker, Marielle de Spa, and Simone Torres Costa: Concurrent Session Presentations
- Kim Hunt, Joy O’Neill, and Ann Lessle: Kitchen Table Conversations
- Maryam Afnan Ahmad, Maria Lobmart, Megan Norton, Terry Anne Wilson, and Jannecke Muyselaar-Jellema: Ignite Sessions
- Ute Limacher-Riebold: Panel Discussions
- Jane Barron, and Terry Anne Wilson Early Bird Writer’s Forum
Details of the full program can be found here.