2014 FIGT Conference
The Global Family: Redefined
Registration for the 2014 Annual Conference is open!
Highlights of this year’s conference include;
- Inspiring Keynote speakers including:
- Over 30 renowned speakers representing all aspects of the expat experience.
- Thought provoking concurrent sessions.
- Dynamic, interactive kitchen table conversations.
- Ignite sessions to spark new ideas!
- Networking with some of the most respected names in expat research, service providers, & cross cultural educators.
- Forums & workshops with successful expat innovators and writers including:
- A fabulous Writer's Forum facilitated by publishing genius, serial expat entrepreneur and writer Jo Parfitt: Both published and aspiring authors will find much to learn!
- Less "overload" - more time to connect! A streamlined schedule allowing more time to soak up more knowledge and make deeper connections.
- Parfitt Pascoe Writing Residency: We are proud to introduce a new program named after expat publishing heroes, Jo Parfitt and Robin Pascoe, giving a select group of expat writers the opportunity to "cover" all concurrent sessions, and create a unique FIGT conference publication.
- Arrive early to make connections! Ease into the conference and meet other attendees at our Welcome New Attendees gathering Friday 4:00-5:30 p.m. "Chance" connections are part of the magic of FIGT!
- Dedicated Research Forum, promoting expertise exchange for academic researchers.
- Expert plenary panels discussing current thinking in the world of global transition.
- A bookstore brimming with expat centric literature and an opportunity to meet many of the authors
Come and join us to be inspired, empowered, energized, informed and embraced!
Registration: To register for this event, please click the registration button on the left hand side of your web browser, or download a registration form here.
Hotel Reservations: FIGT has secured a room block at the Marriott Tysons Corner (where the conference will be held) for March 20-24. To make a hotel reservation online, please click here. if you wish to make a reservation by phone please call 1-800-228-9290 use the name "FIGT" or "Families in Global Transition". The guest room rate available to FIGT attendees is $89/per night, excluding taxes and fees. UPDATED: The deadline to reserve a room is March 10, 2014.
*If you will be arriving early (prior to March 20th) to the hotel or staying additional nights after the conference is over, the hotel has extended a discounted room night rate of $149/per night. To reserve a hotel room for the nights of March 17-20 OR March 23-26 please click here.
Tysons Corner Marriott
8028 Leesburg Pike
Vienna, VA 22182
Transportation: Please click here for your transportation/travel options.
If you need to cancel your conference registration you must do so prior to March 12, 2014. There will be a $50 cancellation fee. After March 12, FIGT is unable to refund any registration fees. If you are unable to attend the conference and would like to transfer your registration to another attendee, there will be a $50 administrative fee to complete that transaction. Please contact FIGT at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.