FIGT Swiss Affiliate
About Swiss Affiliate
FIGT Switzerland founded March 9, 2011 held its launch event in Geneva, Switzerland on April 11th, 2011.
With Thanks to Our
For Anne-Claude Lambelet, FIGT Board Director and Swiss Affiliate co-chair, the well attended event and expressed interest demonstrates that the decision to open in Switzerland is totally justified. "After all, Switzerland is one of the top locations for HQ set up in the EMEA region. In addition to the 150 Multinational companies headquarters based here, the Lake Geneva region is home for many International organizations and NGOs dealing with refugees. These organizations also displace their own personnel worldwide to support these activities."
She adds that "Talent management specialists today all agree that one of their biggest challenges is employee mobility. FIGT created, and fosters a unique Forum that brings together representatives of the corporate, diplomatic, academic, mission & military sectors. FIGT's mission which is to share best practices and strategize on new methods and research across sectors, positions our organization to function as a think tank in the area of international mobility.
FIGT has the ability to drive change by looking beyond the traditional offering of support dedicated to internationally mobile individuals."
"Audience response to request for topics suggestions for future sessions included amongst others:"
- Third Culture Kids and transition to adult TCKs
- How to still care for expats & families whilst providing less benefits?
- Moving employees from an expat plan to a localized plan
- Global Employment Organizations
- Expatriation and labour shortage
- Supporting assignees when financial benefits are not the motivator
- The challenge of language or real integration
- Expat stress
- The "new" trailing spouse & new family dynamics
- Dealing with grief from multiple moves
- Mobility nomadism
- Why intercultural services need to become included (as a standard) in relocation package
"We are currently processing these suggestions and will pick most popular requests to build a ½ day workshop, date and time to be announced shortly."
"My Co-Chair, Michèle Lewis O’Donnell and I very much look forward to buidling on the momentum that has been generated so far and remain available to answer any questions you may have. We can be reached via firstname.lastname@example.org."
Please see :
Videos & Interviews
Presentation of the Swiss Chapter : April 11th, 2011
FIGT Conference program director, Anne Copeland, speaks on Swiss worldradio panel addressing "TCKS, unresolved grief and university transition"? Click here to listen.
Videos & Interviews