Many of you already understand how important it is for students to make the adjustment to university. The success in that transition reflects on how well they have been prepared by their sending schools. The highly mobile, cross-cultural lifestyles of third culture kids/cross-cultural kids have impacted them in ways they don’t often understand. What results is the feeling of cultural imbalance, not fitting in, inability to connect with their domestic-country peers. They can feel like a "fish out of water."
Just in time for graduation! You may already be familiar with my groundbreaking 2009 book, "The Global Nomad’s Guide to University Transition." I’m really excited about this new and updated second edition and here’s why:
New in the Second Edition:
- Articles by guest authors:
- Amanda Bates, M.B.A., M.Ed. on diversity, equity, and inclusion and building a career
- Lois Bushong, M.S. on mental health issues and finding a counselor
- Lauren Wells on dismantling your grief tower and romantic relationships
- Updates and new stories brought about by 10 years of cultural change and a pandemic
- Expanded parents’ chapter addressing the fallout of common parenting strategies as well as how parents can come alongside their students, prepare them for the journey, and support them throughout this major transition.
Now available on Amazon in most parts of the world. Please email me at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org for bulk discounts which have been popular for international schools. If you find this second edition useful, please post a review on Amazon and share this press release with your networks.
I am also working to make available a new Training of Trainers course based on this new edition to help counselors and others working with TCKs put on their own school/organization workshops for the university transition, TCKs, transitions in general and more. Watch this space!
Tina Quick is a cross-cultural trainer, writer, and international speaker. Often referred to the “Transitions Expert,” Tina is also the author of "Survive and Thrive: The International Student’s Guide to Succeeding in the U.S."